Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Our last blog talked about why so many people are choosing to use dental implants to replace missing teeth. But, you may wonder if dental implants from our Paso Robles dentist are a good option for everyone?
Are Dental Implants in Paso Robles a Good Option for Anyone?
To determine if dental implants are a good option for you consider the following conditions for an ideal implant candidate.
The ideal dental candidate needs:
- Healthy teeth and gums – If you don’t have healthy teeth and gums, Dr. Marcum may need to do some restorative or periodontal procedures before an implant can be placed.
- Sufficient bone density to anchor the implant – If the underlying bone structure has degenerated enough that it is determined that it cannot support an implant, then there are further options that can be explored that will still make implants possible.
- Free of autoimmune disorders or uncontrolled diabetes that would affect your ability to heal.
- To be a Non-smoker or willing to stop during the implant process – smoking hinders healing.
- To be committed to taking care of the implanted tooth and gums with regular brushing, flossing and check-ups.
An initial evaluation will be made of your teeth, gums, and bones along with a thorough review of your medical and dental histories. Once it has been determined by Dr. Marcus that you are a good candidate for dental implants, he will outline the procedure step-by-step and together you can develop a treatment plan that will restore your smile.
Have questions about dental implants for our Paso Robles dentist team? We would love to answer them. Contact us or give us a call at (805) 238-1055 today.