Paso Robles cosmetic dentist, Dr. Marcum first became interested in dentistry by reflecting on the joy it brought his parents—his father was a dentist and his mother was a dental hygienist.
He began practicing full-time as a dentist in 1991, and has enjoyed practicing in the beautiful historic Paso Robles community since 1997.
We love Dr. Marcum for his friendly, open personality.
There’s a reason why patients keep coming back to our practice. In fact, we have some patients who started coming here as young as five-years-old and are now in college.
“He enjoys talking and getting to know his patients,” explains Lonnie, the office manager. “Dr. Marcum is very compassionate. He truly wants to understand each patient’s goals, their fears—what motivates them.”
Dr. Marcum’s passionate drive.
Dr. Marcum always enjoyed preventive dentistry. However, he developed a real passion for cosmetic dentistry in the late ‘90s.
As a result, Dr. Marcum and his staff are dedicated to continuing education, going the extra distance to study together and learn from the masters in the field.
“To further my skills, I began taking advanced courses at one of the world’s leading cosmetic dental training facilities, The Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies,” says Dr. Marcum.
In his spare time, Dr. Marcum keeps himself busy by welding, building, and growing fresh vegetables. Patients and staff affectionately know him as “Farmer Marcum,” enjoying the farm fresh produce he grows and shares.
Dr. Marcum’s qualifications:
- Undergraduate studies: California Poly Tech, San Luis Obispo
- Graduate Degree: University of Southern California School of Dentistry, 1991
- Post-Doctoral Training: Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- LVI Courses Completed:
- Comprehensive Aesthetic Reconstruction
- Advanced Anterior Aesthetics
- Advanced Posterior Aesthetics
- Practical Occlusion I
- Mastering Neuromuscular Occlusion II
- Neuromuscular Coronoplasty Occlusion III
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Continuing Education:
- Myotronics-Neurmuscular Concepts
- K-7 Team Training
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain, 12th Annual Symposium
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists, 21st Annual Scientific Session
- Laser Certification
- Professional Associations:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- California Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Central Coast Dental Society
- Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Feature Makeovers:
- KSBY “WOW Makeover”
- COAST 101.3 “A New You for the New Year Makeover”