Our Paso Robles Dental Team has compiled a list of a simple steps for learning how to smile successfully for any photo. By following a few easy tips, you can relax and learn to love a picture-perfect smile.
Practice Makes Perfect!
- Practice smiling in the mirror to find your best angle and to find the smile that looks most genuine. The most attractive smile is one that shines through in your eyes.
- Feel the difference in your muscles when smiling with your eyes versus when your smile is strained.
- Practice holding your head in a position where you avoid the dreaded “double chin.”
Say “Cheese!”…or Not
- Saying a word that ends with an “uh” sound causes the lips to form a more natural smile than saying a word with a drawn-out “ee” sound.
- Saying “cheese” for a photo stretches the mouth into a strained, fake-looking grin. Instead, try saying “banana” for a more easy-going smile.
- blink for a full second before the photo is taken – your eyes will look alert and bright.
Think Happy Thoughts
- Pretend you are smiling at someone you love – this will help you naturally smile with your eyes.
- Think of something funny. Let loose and giggle a little for a naturally joyful smile. A photo won’t capture your true won’t capture your true smile if you are stiff and formal.
- Relay – your smile will look most beautiful if you think happy thoughts!
If you are holding back from smiling because you are not happy with your smile, please give our office a call at (805) 238-1033. Dr. Grant E. Marcum would be happy to discuss all the options available to you, including Teeth Whitening and Cosmetic Dentistry.
For More information about Dr. Marcum visit our website: www.GEMsmiles.com